WHAT IS VOLUNTEERING?
Volunteering is about giving your time to a good cause. You don't get paid, but you do get the chance to use your talents, develop new skills, and experience the pleasure that comes from making a real difference to other people's lives, as well as your own.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
Anyone. Whatever your age, background or work experience, you will have a skill that someone needs. No matter how busy you are, there will be something that you can do.
WHAT IS A VOLUNTEER?
Volunteering is an activity which takes place through other community organizations, projects or your local community and is undertaken: to be of benefit to the community and the volunteer of the volunteer’s own free will and without coercion and for no financial payment.
Volunteering can deliver a wealth of benefits including:
A means of building self-esteem and/or confidence
A great way to learn or develop skills and interests
A pathway to enhance work experience
Enhance your health and get active
A way to meet new people or broaden your social circle
As an expression your gratitude for help you may have received in the past
An opportunity to support a cause you feel strongly about
Making a real difference to your community.
HOW TO BECOME A C.A.K.E VOLUNTEER? WHAT TO DO NEXT?
1. Register your interest with us by completing the form on our contact form. Alternatively, you may call the Volunteer Referral Service at (216) 272-1350 during company business hours (see home page for business hours).
2. You will be contacted by the organization for a pre screen to discuss your skills, desires and interest.
3. You will undergo a detailed backhground check.
4. During the interview/orientation you will receive more information about our organization
5. If you are successful during the interview/orientation process you will be asked to complete a review a number of important document(s)
6. All successful volunteer applicants will undergo probationary period. This normally runs over a 90 day period approximately.
Note: Volunteers will not be accepted as full volunteers until a final meeting with their sponsor has been carried out to discuss progress and their 90 day probationary as been completed. You will then become an official C.A.K.E Volunteer!